09 May 2011

Primed and Basecoat

I followed the primer test approach recommended by AsleepByDay.  Here are the results of the priming

I built the primer up in small coats - the initial coat seemed blotchy and disinclined to adhere well, but the final results, with plenty of cure time, has left excellent detail and stands up to a rub test.
And here is the winning primer (of which I already had a can that was sitting forgotten).  Available at Canadian Tire, cheaper than dirt in both official languages.  I expect as bog-standard a product as you can find



 A black basecoat for the warships.  The detail is more visible than I expected it to be.












And the merchants in ivory.  Getting a convincing result with these will be an interesting exercise.  They need to look commercial and colorful, but not clownish.  And they need to look a bit used.









This image, from the project rho website, is the sort of look I want for the warships.  We will see how well I do.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Les, It is always nice to see a project progress.

    ReplyDelete